Friday 19 April 2013

Week 16 - Inspired by a colour



Ahh - I've had to try to get something done for this week's challenge, before it's time for next week. I thought 'inspired by a colour' would be really easy - I could just do anything at all and say a colour inspired it. But I didn't want to cheat, I wanted to actually be inspired. Trouble is, I wasn't! I've been really busy with not much time for nails :-( My friend Bob prompted me by giving me a colour - gold. I had some exciting ideas for this, using gold glitter, my gold chain nail stickers and some gold studs. However, when I actually sat down to do them tonight I wasn't very inspired, and this is all I could come up with. I was conscious of not making them too OTT for work and I think studs/stickers etc would have pushed them over the edge. So I know these are boring and unoriginal, but they will do for the challenge. I will try my best to have something better for tomorrow to show you (not on this theme though - too hard!!)

Tonight I used a random unbranded gold.... I definitely need a better one - this one is way too sheer at 3/4 coats. For the gradient I used my Barry M gold glitter which is fab and a mixed hex glitter by Saffron which has pink, red and blue bits as well as gold chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)