Monday 8 July 2013

Neon 4-colour Gradient

Hello!


Tonight I've created a gradient using 4 bright neons. :D I wanted to do a neon design as I'm not at work tomorrow so it's my chance to have some bright nails! I decided on a gradient because I couldn't decide which colour to use. Here are the polishes that feature (the orange was newly bought today) 



I'm not going to go through the names of them, because only the first one has a proper name! 

I started this mani with two coats of white. Once this had fully dried I painted all 4 colours onto a sponge, in order. I then dabbed/rolled the sponge onto each nail. I kept repeating this to build up the colour, which you need to do as it starts off really faint. I'm still not completely happy with the brightness (I wanted them to appear more neon, like in the bottles) but I couldn't build it up any more! I think they'll look more bold and bright when not sponged on, which I'll definitely try another day as I have a few more design ideas using the neons. Anyway, I finished off with a topcoat as usual to smooth it all out.


Also, these nails definitely look better from a distance, I'm not happy with how they look in these pics :-( but they look okay IRL!


 

1 comment:

  1. These look fab and are totally perfect beach/summer nails!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)