Tuesday 6 August 2013

Week 32 - Ugly Bug Ball

Hello!


I've wanted to do this kind of design for a while now, and picked this week to do it because of this week's challenge theme - Ugly Bug Ball! These are supposed to be butterfly-wing nails. Not sure how much they look like wings! This was quite a complicated design to try and replicate and I don't know if I've done it very well :-S

I started off by creating a three-colour gradient. Over a base of white, I sponged on purple (Barry M Prickly Pear) blue (Barry M Blueberry) and green (W7 Spearmint). Here's the gradient on it's own - I like how subtle it looked and nearly didn't add anything to it!


The butterfly-wing design is created by (obviously) using the Barry M black + white pens, and a coat of Claire's holo glitter over the top.




6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love all the different colours people use when they do their butterfly wing designs. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :-D I'd seen a lot of orangey ones and was going to do that, but then decided I wanted paler/lighter colours and came up with this! X

      Delete
  2. I nearly tried this design then wimped out because it looked too complicated! I love the gradient you've done this design over and the holo glitter just tops it off nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Saz! I love it! This is definitely one of my favourites of your manis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww cheers Kay! It was since you did butterfly nails way back that I wanted to try it x x

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)