Saturday 23 November 2013

Crushed Candy Cane - Indy's Indies


Hello,

I've got another Christmassy Indy's Indies polish to show off today. This is Crushed Candy Cane, which is a mixture of little red and white shards in a clear base. It's so cute and christmassy, and looks exactly like a crushed candy cane, really fab name for it!

I was thinking for a while what to layer it over. Sarah from Penny Pinching Polish produced a fab manicure with it over black, which looked great, but I didn't want to copy! I eventually came up with using pink as a base. Not Christmassy in its self, but I really wanted to see what it would look like.


I started off with two coats of a pale pink by Color Club, topped with a flaky shimmery topper, also by Color Club. I don't know the names of these as I got them from TKmaxx and they came nameless! I think the shimmer makes the pink look more Christmassy/wintery. Here they are before I added Candy Cane - I must use this Color Club flakie more, this is the first time I've used it after getting it in a set months ago. It's so pretty!


I then added a gradient of Crushed Candy Cane to the tips of my nails, except my thumb which I covered completely. This was a couple of dabbed coats to get the shards to spread as I wanted. I love how fun this polish is, like the snowman one I reviewed a few days ago! And it really is Christmassy... I want to try it over green next for maximum Christmas-ness!



If you want to buy this or any of the other fab polishes from Indy's Indies, you can find them on Etsy here.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the link love hun : ) I love this combo! I wouldn't have thought of putting it on pink but they look fabulous together. (Not that I would of minded if you did want to copy though) : D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable.
    http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute! It definitely looks like crushed candy canes :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)