Wednesday 13 November 2013

Rich In Heart / Look Mag

Hello!

I went shopping yesterday to the Metro Centre in Newcastle, and while I was passing Boots I nipped in to see if they had any Sinful Colors polishes. The Boots in my local town centre is a big one but doesn't have Sinful Colors, so I was happy to find the stand in the one at the Metro Centre. As I was getting other stuff from Boots I limited myself to just one, and I selected a beautiful dark shimmery red - almost brown/black. It looked AMAZING under the shop lights. This one is called Rich In Heart and like all the Sinful Colors range only cost £1.99.

I applied it this morning before work. I found the polish quite thin, and went into my cuticles really easily when painting, which was really hard to clean up and looked a state! Despite the thinness, the polish is still really dark in just one coat, however I did two just to cover up a few streaks. It was so shiny even without a topcoat, but I added one to stop the polish marking my white walls! Unfortunately as I was getting ready for work I'd not let my manicure fully dry and I smudged one nail really badly and got a few nicks/imperfections in some of the others which annoyed me so much all day - it could have looked so flawless if I'd just let it dry longer arghhhh.

Here are some pics with the flash on (first pic) and off (second one), it was hard to capture the deep red shimmer, but I tried! In normal light they mostly just looked dark and shimmery, it was only in direct light (sunlight or in a shop etc) that the red really stood out.



Also, I managed to get my face in Look magazine again! I go through phases of submitting nail looks to their website, and they often seem to pick mine to feature even though there are other waaay better ones - I think it's cos they're lazy and already have a pic of my face from the first time they asked me. I think this is the fourth or fifth time I've been in. A bit puzzled about these nails they chose though - not only did I do them and submit them aaages ago, they're not even arty! I was just testing out my new Models Own colours, haha. Oh well, at least I got in....chuffed. :-D


2 comments:

  1. What a lush colour! It's such a good job my local Boots doesn't stock Sinful Colors, I'd probably own them all by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lush colour! It's such a good job my local Boots doesn't stock Sinful Colors, I'd probably own them all by now!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)