Tuesday 17 December 2013

Stripes + a Reindeer


Hello!
I've had some free time this afternoon after work, and decided to try and do some more Christmassy nail art, as my snowflakes were starting to chip :-( 

I began by painting my nails red, using Boudoir by Ciate. I'm really impressed with all my advent calendar polishes so far! This is two coats, still quite jelly-like and a bit see-through, but lovely colour.

I then used my white nail art pen to draw on the lines - I was kind of thinking candy canes... and then I drew on the reindeer, after practicing on paper first because drawing isn't my strong point. For inspiration for the shape of him, I used this reindeer from Brit Nails' xmas jumper nail art. I thought it was a really simple but realistic outline for a reindeer that even I could manage with practice (beautiful mani Allie!)


I finished off with a topcoat to make them all shiny!


I then decided that this was just a bit too bright/busy/noticable for work. So I reluctantly decided to revert them all back to red, but keep the reindeer.... however as I started going over the white with another coat of red, I realised you could sort of still see the design underneath, which was kind of cool, and less obvious! So I went over all my nails again with one thin coat of the red Ciate polish, now quite thankful for it's sheerness!

 

1 comment:

  1. lovely - seriously cute reindeer and love the more subtle work look!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)