Tuesday 18 March 2014

Claire's - Pink Splatter

Hello!

Today I'm going to show off a polish I bought over the weekend. I knew that Claire's Accessories had some really good, on-trend polishes, including neons, unusual-shaped glitter, crackle, leather effect etc. But I'd not seen this one before. I loved how it looked quite 'indie like' - it's not often you find a polish on the high street that looks like this (except Barry M's sequin effect fails!) so I picked it up immediately. It cost £3.50 and is called Sprinkles. There was a similar one that was more of a peach shade, with a slightly different selection of glitters. I've just had a browse of their website, and apparently there's a third one, pale blue, that I didn't see in store. You can check out the listing on their website for the pink one here.

Sprinkles is a barbie-pink jelly base with big glitter hexes in blue, yellow and green and a scattering of green and pale (not sure if they're a colour!?) smaller glitter. It's so pretty, and so unusual!

I first tested it out on one nail, and found the pink base to be very jelly-like and see through. Despite this, you had to apply quite a thick coat for full coverage of the nail, so I didn't fancy applying 2-3 layers of this- I thought it might end up looking a bit gloopy. Instead, I decided to apply it over Kiss Chase, one of my Ciate Minis, which I thought was a similar shade. I applied two coats of Kiss Chase, and one coat of Sprinkles over the top, with a little bit of glitter placement needed to stop them bunching together. I finished off with a topcoat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri.

I'd like to try it over black or white, to try and bring out the smaller glitters - it's hard to see them against such a bright base. I do love how pink they look though - like bubblegum!

Sorry about these pics, they're not the best - my nails look a bit patchy in some due to the base colour being brighter/stronger than the gelly shade of the Claire's polish. It's not noticeable in real life though! They also look much brighter and neon in real life - these pics are a little washed out :-(







I really like this polish, it's a lovely bright shade for spring/summer and reminds me of holidays and festivals! I'm really impressed with Claire's for bringing out this kind of polish, and I'd be interested to try some more of their more 'on trend' ones, including the peach version of this one, the neon glitter and some of the paler, chunky glitters like this one - I will have to wait until there's a sale or a 3-for-2 offer or something! 

6 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! I, too, have noticed that Claire's has a selection of very indie-like polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah - I don't think they're quite up to indie standards yet but at least they are making the effort and branching out a bit! X

      Delete
  2. What a great find! I was able to find some nice matte white glitters there last time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to have another browse very soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Hey :) I've nominated you for a Liebster award. You can see the post here: http://thenailymail.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    p.s. I think the Claire's bottles look very much like nails inc's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that about the Nails Inc bottles when I was sorting out all my polishes yesterday - the only difference is that the Claire's ones are slightly 'taller'!

      Delete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)