Monday 17 March 2014

Speckled Egg Gradient


Hello! Here are my nails today. Last week, I was lucky enough to win the full set of Speckled Egg polishes which are a new release from Models Own. As soon as I saw them I knew I'd have to treat myself to at least one to try, but I would never have bought all 5 as I couldn't justify the cost, so to win them all was amazing! <3 I won them through a twitter giveaway - they have lots there, and on Facebook and Instagram too so if you don't already follow them, you should!

As I mentioned, there are five shades in the collection which I reckon most of you have already seen! There's Goose (yellow) Dove (pink) and Swan (purple), as well as Duck (blue) and Magpie (green) that I have used today. They're so perfect for spring, and Easter! 

For this manicure, I first painted my nails with the green shade, which took three coats to get fully opaque. It's good because the multiple coats build up the 'depth' of the polish - I love how some of the speckles are partially hidden beneath the top layer! I then took the blue shade and dabbed it onto the mids-to-tips of my nails. I added a second coat once this was dry to just my tips, to add to the gradient effect. I finished off with a topcoat of Gelous to smooth it all out. 

I like how these have turned out - the gradient is quite subtle, but I like how the similarity of the two colours mean they blend really well! Love these polishes, and I'll definitely be using the other three soon :-)



5 comments:

  1. I love this collection but I can not for the life of me decide which shade I like best!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and the speckled!! Check out my blog http://justjone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gradients is stunning and I love the subtlety! Congratulations on winning the whole collection! I won one of their fireworks box sets in a giveaway last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this :D really love the speckles! I wanna buy em all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gradient! Did the glitter make it harder to get the gradient effect?

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)