Sunday 27 April 2014

Daisy Dots


Hello!

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that last week I've been trying to decide what to do with my nails for a wedding I was attending at the weekend. I wore a yellow flowery dress, but wasn't sure whether flowery nails would be too much - whether I should do another pattern like lace, or just a design on one accent nail etc. I also couldn't decide on colour - pastel or navy?! Haha - dilemma! Here are my practice nails once I'd decided on a navy base...



I compared all five of my navy polishes and eventually picked this one as it was the nearest to the navy on the dress - the other ones were really dark. The one I picked was Scandalous Shenanigans by China Glaze. This was navy with a blue shimmer - really pretty, but an absolute nightmare to apply - it was sooo runny, and got into my cuticles and everywhere, and with it being so dark it was so hard to clean up. Also, even with two good coats, you could still see through it to slight imperfections on my nails even though I'd used a base coat. Maybe I've just got too used to the gel-look polishes that make nails look flawless, but ...urgh.

I then used white and yellow polish for the flowers - I used a dotting tool, which I never usually do - I usually just use my pens, so I wasn't very skillful with it! I really shouldn't have tried a new technique and left it so late the night before the wedding to do these - I wasn't 100% happy with them, but people did say they liked them so I suppose they were okay!





 
I also did my mums nails to match her dress- we settled on grey (Dorien Grey, Sally Hansen) with a lace-print design over the top which I used my trusty white Barry M pen for!


5 comments:

  1. You're mad. These are beautiful!
    I've tried this so many times but they've always turned out terrible.
    Also...love the dress. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I think if I would have had more time I would definitely have changed the base polish as I really didn't get on with it, and take more time/practice with the daisies! The dress is from River Island but quite a few years ago now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are fabulous, & so is the design you did for your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails and your mums look fabulous!! perfect choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers look beautiful, so does your mom's lace nails!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)