Wednesday 2 April 2014

Pink Gradient with Gold Flake Topper

Hello!

Here are my nails today. Yesterday I created a pink gradient, which was inspired by my nude/pink ombre manicure. I loved the colours that I used, and baby pink polish is my favourite! So I selected two of the colours I used in my ombre mani, which were Rose Hip by Barry M (the palest pink) and Pink Veneer by Models Own (the mid-pink). I then picked Barry M's limited edition summer pink, which I won in a giveaway by the fab Nail Art Novice. I thought this was the perfect shade to blend with the other two - not too vivid or dark, but still really bright.

I started with a base of Rose hip (two coats) as this was the lightest shade. I then painted stripes of all three colours onto a make-up sponge, and dabbed them onto my nails. I repeated this a few times for each nail to build up the colour, moving the sponge up/down the nail to blend the three shades together. I finished off with a shiny topcoat to smooth it all out. I left my nails like this for today - I was going to add studs, but I've lost my favourite stud-wheel noooo! :-(


Tonight I wanted to add something, so reached for my pure 18k gold and silver topcoat by OPI. I've seen this pretty polish on other blogs and when I saw it in the sale in Sallys I picked it up, but this is the first time I've used it. I was impressed - even with the gold flakes it still lies so smooth on the nail, and is so shiny! There's a good amount of gold flake there too! Pretty :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of ombre nails. Particularly impressed with the top coat!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gradient - it's such a nice colour! I think I definitely need to get this flake topcoat - it looks stunning with this design! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)