Wednesday 16 July 2014

Leopard-y Gradient


Hello!

Urgh, it took me a while to settle on a nail design today! I started doing a few different things but each time ended up removing what I'd done as it wasn't working like I wanted! So I decided to return to my go-to nail art when everything else isn't working - a gradient!


I picked white (Snow Me White, Sinful Colors), orange (Mango, Barry M) and pink (Grapefruit, Barry M) and created my gradient in the usual way, using a make-up sponge. I find pastels blend better in a gradient and these were definitely not pastels, and resulted in a bit of a sponge-y finish. I really wasn't keen, so thought about what I wanted to put over the top! I went with leopard print, using the colours from the gradient, and I love the result! 

Here's a quick step-by-step guide using pics I took on my phone as I went along, so apologies they're not top quality! 


And some more pics to show off the finished design:



1 comment:

  1. These look great! The step by step is really interesting and the colours work so well together! I love how you've reversed the gradient for the leopard print spots too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)