Saturday 5 July 2014

Tour de France


The Tour de France is passing through York, where I live, tomorrow, so I just had to do nails to celebrate the occasion! Unfortunately I won't actually be able to watch the race as I'm working, helping people passing through the station who are going to watch it.... *grumble grumble* .....anyway, it's been a fab atmosphere in Yorkshire for the last month, with pretty bunting everywhere, and yellow bikes! Here's one of the bikes at the front of the station (taken by me!), and a pic (found on google!) of the bunting that inspired these nails...





I kept these nails simple, as I think I'd have struggled to draw a bike or copy the Tour de France logo so I just stuck to the colours from the bunting/shirts and added a union jack! I used:
Snow me White (Sinful Colors)
Grass Slipper (Sally Hansen)
LE Yellow (Barry M)
Malibu (Barry M)
Passion Fruit (Barry M)

Slightly annoyed because I left the dots to dry for aaaages before I topcoated, but it still smudged, waaah! :-( Otherwise I think these capture the spirit of the event nicely :-)


2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's perfect for the tour! I've seen the yellow bikes all over Yorkshire too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute! I love the dot nail. Top coat can be so ornery sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)