Wednesday 22 October 2014

Barry M: Fashion Icon



Hellooo!


I have an absolute stunner to show you today. Barry M recently released a new collection of six really glittery polishes, called the Glitterati Collection. I saw swatches of all these on other blogs, and although I thought I'd like the pink one best, on the nail the purple one definitely seemed the most impressive.

I treated myself to it this week, and here it is. It's called Fashion Icon.

I applied a base coat of purple (the limited edition Barry M brought out over summer) just so that I wouldn't have to put on loads of coats of glitter - this usually results in a really thick layer that chips easily. I used two coats of glitter over the purple base but I could have got away with one. I didn't topcoat - I thought it dried reasonably smooth and not as gritty as I expected!

This polish is so amazing. In some lights it almost seemed to have tiny lights inside it; it shimmered and shone so much. The glitter is purple, but with a really strong blue shimmer, as well as multi-coloured-looking holo glitter scattered through it. I couldn't stop looking at my nails all day - it was so hard to capture in pictures, but I think the one I put at the top of this post does it best. Here are a few others I took as well: 





You can pick up this polish for £3.99 in Boots, Superdrug and Tesco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)