Thursday 30 October 2014

Bloody Gradient

 Hello!

These nails are kind of halloween themed, as they look a bit bloody and vampy! I created this gradient using four different polishes - all Nails Inc. I don't usually use classic reds, but for this they were perfect! I used:

Vodaphone Red (That I got last year in a goodie bag at London Fashion Week!), Tate, Chester Sq and the black Kate Spade one that I got free in a magazine. 


I started off with two coats of the brightest red, and then used a make-up sponge for the gradient. I had to dab each nail about three times to build up the colour how I wanted it. I made such a mess - to avoid this you can put tape around your fingers, or paint a layer of peel-off glue, but I couldn't be bothered to do either of these things!


Once it was fully dry, I finished with two coats of topcoat - I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri. This smooths out the gradient and blends the colours more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)