Tuesday 25 November 2014

Phone Case Galaxy


Hello!

I did these nails inspired by my phone case! I'm constantly seeing pretty patterns that I want to recreate on my nails, and I choose pretty patterns for my phone cases all the time so.....yeah!

I've done galaxy nails before but not for a long time so I looked forward to doing them again, and I'm really happy with how they turned out!

I started off with a base of Blue Lagoon (two coats) which is one of Seventeen's Gel-look polishes. I bought this a while ago to go with a dress I'd bought but didn't end up using it, so this was my first time applying it - I really liked it, it was smooth with a shiny finish and a really nice dark navy.

I then tore a little bit from a make-up sponge and painted on a blue polish. I dabbed this onto my nails in diagonal lines. I then repeated with different shades of blue, purple and pink, but tried not to go overboard as I've sometimes spoiled a galaxy mani by adding too much! I also used a glitter polish to dab onto certain bits of the galaxy. The polishes I used for this are all Barry M and were Malibu (blue), Rhossili (dark pink) Elderberry (grey/blue) and this years' Limited Edition purple.The glitter is Socialite (dark pink, Glitterati). The white dots/stars were done with a white Barry M nail art pen, and then I topcoated with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri!





3 comments:

  1. Ooh these look AAAWESOOME! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous. I love dark mani's .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeep! These are amazing! Really. Major nail envy. Can't do Galaxy nails at all. These are stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)