Tuesday 10 February 2015

Striped heart tips


Last year I came up with a striped design with hearts on the tips of my nails. This look was perfect for pointed tips as the point fitted with the point of the heart, and they were so much more effective than I thought they would be! Here are the original ones from back in September.

I decided that as it's Valentine's Day at the weekend I would re-create the design, with different, slightly lighter colours. 

I started off with a base of Banana Split by Models Own. I can't gush about the fruit pastel collection enough - the formula is so smooth and creamy and lovely, the colours are so delicate and then there's the bonus of the subtle fruit-sweetie scent once the polish is dry! Anyway - I started off with two coats of this, then topped with Insta-Dri to help speed up the drying process. Here it is on it's own because I love it and want to show it off!


Once it was fully dry I used a pink Barry M nail art pen to freehand the stripes. I'm a bit annoyed because they aren't as neat and even as I'd like, I should have used nail vinyls! Anyway, I then roughly drew on the heart shape at the end of my nails and coloured it in using Peach Melba by Models Own. I topped with Insta-Dri again (I always do this before adding anything with the nail art pens as it needs to be fully dry!!) and then went round the outline of the heart again with a white nail art pen. I did this a couple of times as the white pen doesn't show up as well as the black. I also added a little 'shine' line to each heart, which I didn't do last time but I like!

One more coat of Insta-Dri (which reminds me, I need to buy more!!) and I was done. 



2 comments:

  1. Love this design!! Banana split is gorgeous! want!!

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk
    Hope you can follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - Banana Split is so beautiful, you need it! And Peach Melba from the same collection too. <3

      Followed back also! :-D x

      Delete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)