Thursday 26 March 2015

Freckles Polish: Jadis - designed by My Mint Nails!


Hello!

I've been excited about this for a while now, and I can finally post about it! 

I was contacted a while back by Julieann who is the creator of Freckles Polish. She sells some gorgeous bottles of handmade polish, and my personal favourites are the holographic ones. I was thrilled when Julieann asked me, as part of the celebrations for the first anniversary of Freckles Polish, to design a polish myself!

I was so excited, and began to think of what I would like my polish to be. I do love white polishes with coloured glitter, but I have a lot like that already from other indie makers and I didn't want to just re-design that kind of thing. I wanted something unique! So I had a think about the colours I like.... pink, obviously, and also minty green. I thought that a minty-green holo would look so pretty, and it wasn't something I'd seen loads of before. I own a few pink holo polishes but no mint-coloured ones! To make it a bit more individual and tailored to me, I asked Julieann to add some pink glitter.

When I saw pics of the finished polish, I loved it. I loved it even more when it arrived through my door earlier this week, and got it on my nails immediately!

The hardest thing was actually thinking of a name for the polish that would do it justice. I've always thought that if I ever designed a polish collection, I would base it on The Chronicles of Narnia, as I love how magical those books are. At first I wanted to name my polish 'Caspian' after Prince Caspian from the stories, but then I thought that this made me think of a more vibrant shade. I finally decided to go with Jadis, which is the real name of The White Witch. The polish is lovely and frosty-looking, and I think the name goes well!

Here it is!!!!





My polish will be released as part of a Collaboration Collection on 28th March. The collection consists of three polishes designed by nail artists - myself, Anna from Anna Bean's Nails and Vicky from Vicky Loves Nails. There's also three more polishes that were designed by winners of a competition that Julieann ran!

On the same date, Julieann will also be releasing another polish collection called The Birthday Party Collection. I will have swatches of two of these to show you tomorrow, as well as swatches of one of the polishes designed by a competition winner, so do check back!

Thanks so much Julieann for letting me participate in your one-year celebrations, and here's to many more successful years filled with pretty polish! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool!! How amazing to design your own polish! And a mint green holo is very appropriate for you! I've never tried indies, I wouldn't really know where to start, but I'm hoping to branch out soon as some of the mainstream brands seem to blend into each other x

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)