Friday 24 April 2015

Electric Nights


I haven't bought any new polish for aaaages but I had to cave when I saw the new Electric Nights collection by China Glaze, and seeing manicures people had created using the polishes. I'm not usually bothered about China Glaze as a brand - it seems a bit too pricey for me, and I prefer to stick to polishes that are more easily available on the highstreet for not too much money, such as Barry M and Models Own. 

However, I saw that these new China Glaze polishes were available on Nail Polish Direct for half price, and couldn't resist treating myself to some. I agonised between getting the full collection of the mini neon cremes, but to save money I settled on getting my favourite full-size creme and my favourite glitter from the collection. These were Glow With The Flow (pink!) and Point Me To The Party (multi-coloured neon glitter). 


They came this week and I was desperate to use them! I had a few ideas, but ended up going for a pink-to-white gradient with the glitter over the top. For the gradient I used Glow With The Flow, along with a paler pink (to help the gradient blend better) and a white polish, both Barry M.

These photos don't do the pink justice - my camera couldn't handle the neon! It's soooo bright in real life, and I definitely want to wear this for like the whole of summer. The glitter is fab too, really colourful and unusual - I will have to think of lots of ways to incorporate it into my nail art. 






1 comment:

  1. I love it! Seriously pay day feels so far away - I cannot wait to get this glitter and some more colours from the collection! Did you find the formula ok on the pink?
    Amy Hair • Nails • Etc

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)