Friday 10 April 2015

Mani Swap again!

Hello!

Today I've got the results of another Mani Swap to show you. This time I collaborated with Amy from Hair, Nails, Etc who creates some gorgeous nail art!

We both picked a design that the other had done, and tried to recreate it.

I picked Amy's fab camouflage design. I've wanted to try camo nails in proper camo colours for a while, but I've never got round to giving it a go as I didn't think I would get the pattern to look right. However when I saw Amy's design I thought it looked perfect, and I tried to get my blobs of colour in exactly the same place as hers! I don't think mine looks as good, but I suppose it's supposed to look random - from a distance it looks okay. 

I started with a base of Lychee by Barry M. I could tell that Amy had used Olive, which is a more greeny-tinted nude and looks better, but I don't have that one! I then used a dotting tool to add on blobs of green, brown, khaki and black, and topped with a matte topcoat as Amy had done. Here's some pics of my finished mani!

  Amy decided to recreate my Cath-Kidston-trainers-inspired cloud design. She pulled it off perfectly, as you can see in the above collage!

1 comment:

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)